Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bourne Again, oh, no!!

In the last couple of weeks, I saw Bourne Legacy movie and could complete Bourne Imperative novel. BTW, before that I have read the covert one novel, The Altman Code, an interesting one.

If I have to summarize Bourne Imperative novel in one line, it is not a Robert Ludlum's novel. It missed the aura of Bourne that was created and maintained in all the three Ludlum's Bourne novels. Not a captivating / gripping one.

I haven't read the novel, Bourne Legacy but watched the movie, it's Ok but not a very interesting one either.

I will start The Paris Option now. I am also reading Think and Grow Rich ( though I am thinking for a while and have not grown rich, I think it should be Think Right and Grow Rich ;) ).

While studying I had heard a lot about Richard Bellman and studied Dynamic Programming but couldn't understand it that well. So, I have bought that book (stupid of me, having a book results in understanding it well? If so, by now I would have been a wise man and stopped buying any more books ;) ). If reading dumb novels takes that long a time, you can imagine how long it will take to complete this book, also, it's not about completing the book but understanding it may take much more longer or I may even find out that I will never be able to understand it fully :)


~సూర్యుడు :-)

5 comments:

చాతకం said...

All recent Bourne novels are written by Eric van lustbader so obviously they are as good as old man Ludlum. Even I saw Bourne legacy first day itself on release with high hopes but am disappointed. Huh! Like you, I have read them all. ;)

చాతకం said...

Correction: read Eric not as good as Ludlum.

Looking forward to read Jason command by Paul garrison.

సూర్యుడు said...

@చాతకం:

Thanks for reading the post and your comment. Yes, I agree with you. Just started reading, Chancellor Manuscript, Ludlum's style is different and difficult to emulate I guess.

BTW, it is Janson Directive and is nothing to do with Jason Bourne :)

Happy reading

~సూర్యుడు :-)

సూర్యుడు said...

@చాతకం:

Ok, my mistake. I haven't heard about this Janson Command. I will wait to hear from you on this before reading it :)

~సూర్యుడు :-)

చాతకం said...

Yes, janson command does not feature Jason Bourne but Paul janson of janson directive. Looking forward to matarese circle by Denzel Washington & chancellor manuscript by Leonardo dicaprio as movies to be released in 2013 & 2014. janson command is last one of Ludlum sequel books is more suited for movie than all others.