Sunday, August 5, 2012

Another Ludlum's novel

Ok, with some free time of late, I could finish another Ludlum's novel, The Janson Directive. It's captivating except an air of extreme violence (torture) and unrealistic nature of some of the events (I know it is fiction but ;)). It also has some Indian named characters (briefly though) and some Tamizh sounding words (though I couldn't make out what they are)

An interesting quote from this novel:

"If your enemy has a good idea, steal it"

Another sentence that I liked:

" ... who never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity"

Now I bought a new novel, The Bourne Imperative, not an original one from Ludlum but written by Eric Van Lustbader. If I find this to be good then I will try other Bourne novels, Legacy, Betrayal, Sanction, Deception, Objective and Dominion.

2 comments:

Rajendra Devarapalli said...

I am also striving to finish his ` The Matarese circle' for long.keep posting the updates.

సూర్యుడు said...

@రాజేంద్ర కుమార్ గారు:

మీ వ్యాఖ్యకు ధన్యవాదాలు :)

ప్రస్తుత పనివత్తిడి చూస్తుంటే ఈ క్రొత్త పుస్తకం పూర్తి చెయ్యడానికి ఓ నెల రోజులు పట్టొచ్చేమో :(

ఏమైనా సరే పుస్తకం పూర్తయ్యాక నా అభిప్రాయం ఇక్కడ వ్రాస్తాను :)

~సూర్యుడు :-)